Register developer account
To be able to publish apps onto the Prism Store you will need to create a developer account first,
to do that follow the below steps:
- Head to Prism Store, create a new account or log in.
- Then from the top right drop down, click on
- The first time you open that, you will be asked to enter a unique developer username, which will be needed for creating and publishing apps.
- Once you enter a developer username, you will be taken to the
Developer Dashboardwhere you can see all your published apps, and publish new apps or edit or update existing apps.
Create app from CLI
To create a new app, go to a suitable location and type
prismtool new my_new_app, where
my_new_appis the name of your app source directory.
The CLI will prompt you to enter the
developer_name, enter the name you registered in the Register developer account section.
developer_name: The unique developer name registered on the Prism Store >my_developer_name
- Then the CLI will prompt you to enter the application name that will be shown in the UI.
name: Application name to be displayed, must be less than 14 characters > (My new app)
- Next, the CLI will prompt you to enter the
class_name_app_sectionfor your app, this should be a valid C++ variable name and is used as part of your app's unique classname.
class_name_app_section: Underscore separated valid variable name, to be used as part of the application's unique classname > (my_new_app)
You will then get a directory with the source code of your new app. Congratulations!
Open the folder and check out the files that have been created.
The app created using the above command will have both widget and notification abilities,
to create an app with only widget or only notification ability, add
--notificationflag to the above command.